Over the past few weeks I've been reading about fasting. What first caught my attention wasn't actually the spiritual side of it, but the growing body of research into its health benefits. It struck me that something many people now see as a new discovery has, in fact, been part of the Christian life for thousands of years.
The more I thought about it, the more I realised fasting isn't the only example. Today we're encouraged to slow down, practise mindfulness, rest well, be generous, and spend time in community. Christians have been cultivating those same habits for centuries - not because they're fashionable, but because they help us make space for God and remember what really matters.
Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10). The Christian life isn't simply about believing certain things; it's about learning a way of life that leads us more deeply into the life God created us for.
This Sunday we’ll be exploring fasting together - why Jesus assumed his followers would do it, what it teaches us, and why this ancient practice still has something to say to our busy modern lives. Whether you've fasted before or have never really thought about it, we'd love to welcome you.
No comments:
Post a Comment